Monday, January 28, 2013

Life's Little Pity Parties


I spent the last few days in total shut down mode. I can’t believe how excited I was Friday afternoon and how fast everything went to poo. I don’t deal well with abandonment, real or presumed and my guy friend’s actions Friday night sent me on a spiraling pity party thrown by me, for me, with just me in attendance. I did manage to bake some amazing cookies (thank you, michelledicken.wordpress.com), and those cookies were instrumental in my next 36 hours of binge eating. God, I feel fat!

So why did I do this to myself? Why did I slip down the slippery slope of self-loathing and straight into self-inflicted damage? Although I’ll work the food off I ate through an increased amount of exercise and starvation this week, why didn’t I “cowboy up”, show that stiff upper lip and carry on?

I ask this question of myself anytime I fall into despair. I do this more often than I would like and almost nearly always over situations that are less that catastrophic. I know I have a problem with everything fitting into my world. I know things change and I should be able to adapt as most other people do. I cannot. How is it I can KNOW these things but can’t DO these things?

I do feel a little bit better today. Off to my first class. I hope everyone has smiles throughout:-)

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like your weekend was a rough one, Kah, sorry to hear that. I'm curious becuase I'm curious... It's my nature I guess. What is your favorite movie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey you! It was a bad weekend but today has gotten off to a very good start. You didn't answer my question about your interest, but I will still give you my favorite movie. Well, my top 3 because favorite would be hard.

      The Devil Wears Prada
      The Wizard of Oz
      American Beauty

      Don't be shy now, tell me more about you;-)

      Delete
    2. Interesting combination of movies Kah. How about music? Favorite type and/or song?

      I'm glad to hear you had a good day today after such a lossy weekend. The good in our lives never lasts, but neither does the bad. My favorite movie still to this day is Jaws. Something about that movie makes me smile:)

      Delete
  2. Cookies are always good. I hope you have great classes. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and I did;-)

      Really could have used one of those Russian Roulette toys this past weekend, LOL!!!

      Delete
  3. Awareness, patience, and self discipline acquired through trial and error. Just don't be too hard on yourself, no one will ever take care of you better than you can take care of yourself. American Beauty was awesome. Ever see The Usual Suspects? Another good movie with Kevin Spacey.

    ReplyDelete